Monday, January 13, 2014

#76 Make an Ocean Inside Your Home


Keeping young ones occupied inside the home on rainy days can be a challenge. Here is an activity that is sure to brighten your child's day while brightening yours also - a happy child = a happy mom.

Make an ocean!

 
Pour warm water into a large, clear plastic container (placed on a low table or cardboard box).  Let your kids put sea glass, stones, rocks, and shells in "their" sea.  Add a handful of toys such as animal figurines (penguins, whales, fish) and boats. 
 
Sit back and relax with a cup of tea and watch with joy as your child uses her imagination and and plays in her ocean!
 
 
“Play is the work of the child.”
 – Maria Montessori


Note:   Due to an injury I have to take a break from blogging - I look forward to getting back to it when I am able!  Thank you to my dear husband for being my typist.

No comments:

Post a Comment