Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#69 - Tangle Free


My daughter's hair - the "nest".

Okay, so my daughter has my hair - fine as can be and tangled as can be.  Not a big deal, really, given the scope of the problems life can throw at one, but potentially our hair tantrums have a big impact on our daily life.  Attempting to comb or brush her hair can result in a huge ordeal of what seems at times to carry on for hours.  I had nearly given up on her hair, really what did it matter that my little girl's hair resembled a bird's nest or even more so, the hair of Cat in the Hat characters Thing One and Thing Two? 

Hair detangling sprays have not worked, besides who wants to spray chemicals in their child's hair?  After discussing the problem with one mom I learned of something called a detangling brush or comb.  During our next trip to Shoppers Drug Mart I found a comb but not the brush.  We purchased the pretty pink comb, afterall pink is her favourite colour.



Well our hair brushing/combing sessions are MUCH better, maybe not perfect, but better and that means a lot.   So, if you are in need of a detangling for either yourself (I use the comb too) or your little ones, perhaps give this comb a try!

After the Detangling comb.



Quote of the Day:

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”   
-     Oscar Wilde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment